CHOPPED THAI CHICKEN SALAD
CHOPPED THAI CHICKEN SALAD
New video for ‘Best of Friends’ x
“Okay, guy, so why do you feel like you want/need/deserve to settle down with a “pure” woman? I’m genuinely listening. “Oh, it’s because sluts are gross.” Too vague. Do better. “Well, their vaginas are real stretched out and big.” No. “Ummmmm, they probably have a bunch of diseases?” Easy fix! Setting aside the fact that plenty of women contract STIs from monogamous partners or during “safe sex,” it sounds like your real problem here is with illness, not sex. So I assume you’d be fine dating a promiscuous woman who practiced safe sex and happened to be STI-free? “No, because I want a girl who’s traditional and family-oriented.” Having sex doesn’t mean you don’t want to have a family. It just means that you want to have sex. “Yeah, but a slut is more likely to cheat on me.” Really? Then why do couples in the Bible Belt have such a high divorce rate? “The devil, I guess?” NOPE. “I just can’t stand the thought of her getting fucked by all those other guys.” So you’re about to have sex with a woman you’re attracted to, you really want to have sex with her, but all you can think about is her getting pounded by tons and tons of dicks? That sounds like an entirely different issue. “No! I just mean that I struggle with the same powerlessness and insecurity that all human beings do, so as a coping mechanism I take advantage of our culture’s patriarchal power structure and exorcize my feelings of worthlessness by perpetuating shame-based proprietary attitudes over women’s bodies. Basically I’m obsessed with controlling women’s lives because I can’t control my own.” Oh, honey. I know.”
Bordeaux, France (by Joffrey Guidon)
“I love football, have done since I first started kicking a ball as a boy. But I am not interested in the things that go with it. For me, it is about the game, the pleasure of striking a ball. It is not about having my name up in lights.”
“I was pleased to retire when I did because I was overshadowed by bigger names bowing out at the same time. I got out under the radar.”
- Paul Scholes
Slogans and graffiti in the streets:
- The more you consume, the less you live. Commodities are the opium of the people.
- Abolish copyrights: sound structures belong to everyone.
- L’ennui est contre-révolutionnaire. (Boredom is counter-revolutionary.)
- L’imagination prend le pouvoir! (Imagination takes power!)
- Soyez réalistes, demandez l’impossible. (Be realistic, ask the impossible.)
- Prenez vos désirs pour la réalité. (Take your desires for reality.)
- On achète ton bonheur. Vole-le. (They are buying your happiness. Steal it.)
- Le patron a besoin de toi, tu n’as pas besoin de lui. (The boss needs you, you don’t need him.)
- L’été sera chaud! (Summer will be hot!)
- On ne revendiquera rien, on ne demandera rien. On prendra, on occupera. (We will beg for nothing. We will ask for nothing. We will take, we will occupy.)
- In a society that has abolished every kind of adventure the only adventure that remains is to abolish the society.
- Sous les pavés, la plage. (Under the paving stones, the beach.)
- Vivre sans temps mort et jouir sans entrave. (Live without wasted time and enjoy without hindrance.)
- Warning: ambitious careerists may now be disguised as “progressives.”
- I love you!!! Oh, say it with paving stones!!!
- Under 21? [Picture of a brick] Here is your ballot!
“Humanity won’t be happy till the last capitalist is hung with the guts of the last bureaucrat.”
Had a dream where I got a “Sous les pavés, la plage” tattoo. Pretty bad ass
Fettuccine with Seared Tomatoes, Spinach and Burrata
“I shall look at you out of the corner of my eye, and you will say nothing. Words are often the source of misunderstandings.”
– Antoine de Saint-Exupéry - The Little Prince (via requiemforthepast)
Mug available here.
oh how it is time to make new ones! I came back home thinking it would be better and that it wasn’t as bad as I thought. And I am glad I came home but its time to leave again. Because now I know that I am not missing anything my friends are still doing the same things with the same people. And I am just done with that chapter of my life its time for new adventures and people who aren’t afraid to just go and not look back. Time to meet people who get what I am saying whether is be about music, literature, or politics time to find my niche of people already found one in stuarttownsend! Can’t wait for the fall to find the rest. Because the friends you make in college are the ones you keep for the rest of your life right? So gotta make it count
What was your favorite moment on set if you could pick one highlight?